Thursday, December 09, 2004

Last night on the subway

There was this gorgeous tall man on the subway last night. He was joking around with his friend and then his friend got off. Now was my chance! I ventured eye contact. Then I thought he was laughing at me because I had glanced at him eight times in two minutes. I couldn't stop looking. He was carrying a musical instrument which means he could be in a band which is good for him, but maybe not for me, because band guys are sometimes not so prone to relationships. And he and I are destined for that, so I hope he doesn't go in kicking and screaming, by the way. I want to kick myself when I sound so much like Bridget Jones. In any case, he wasn't laughing. He was laughing at the hearing impaired man a few seats over. Not because the man was deaf, mind you, but because he was being purposefully entertaining, which is a relief on a tiring subway ride at the end of a depressing day. The deaf guy was enthusiastically signing to Tall-hottie and Tall-hottie seemed to understand every word, even though he didn't ever use sign language himself. Then, he got off the train and kind of pounded his heart, like "peace bro" to the deaf man. It was really touching, that's all I'm saying.
I don't ever do any "linkiness" for the readers of this blog. Sorry. I just want to sometimes tell a story to the world. Lucky world!

4 comments:

DCBCooper said...

It's your blog you crazy girl, you do whatever the hell you want! And cudos for making a move on a hot guy on the subway! I'm always too scared to do that. Oh, and then there's that whole married thing, but who's counting anyway. ;)

emily said...

LUCKY WORLD!

Sooz said...

Em, remember when Nate's mom wrote that under his yearbook baby picture? Probably that's why you wrote that. Remember the days? Oh so long ago...

emily said...

That's EXACTLY why I wrote it!!!