Wednesday, March 09, 2005

A likeable lady

I found the funniest lady in our office today. Before this day I thought of her as the I-Don’t-Like-Gossip-Lady, because she has signs all over her cubicle that say “gossip hurts…don’t do it!”
Today I noticed her mug with our company’s logo on it. I said, “how does a girl go about getting one of those?” (Except I phrased it normally, and not like I was in the film Newsies) She told me when her group was relocated uptown after 9/11, the company wanted to do something nice for them. Then she paused. “So they gave us all coffee mugs….To collect our tears in!” and she burst out laughing so hard, and patted me conspiratorially on the shoulder. We both laughed for an abnormal amount of time, like when you’re both almost sad at the truth of such a thing. I promise I will NEVER gossip about that lady. She rules.

1 comment:

emily said...

I cannot BELIEVE there is a Newsies website. I kept myself occupied for a good 20mins looking that over and remembering girlhood fatasies of Mush and Spot Colin.