Tuesday, February 08, 2005

A little thing I bet you didn't know about Sooz

There is this uncle I have. He has some anger problems. I've met him less than ten times in my life. He has never called me, asked me any questions about myself, or ever sent a card or gift. I don't really even consider him family, especially since last summer when he accused me of stealing my grandmother's paints. She had given them to me, and as I was packing them in my suitcase, nonchalantly humming, he approached me and said "Nervous about something?"
I said "No."
He said "Then why are you humming?"
I told him I was humming because I like to hum.
He said "Yeah right. I'd be nervous if I were you too." I had no idea what he meant at the time, but it became clear later when he told my grandpa about my "theft". Luckily, my grandma's Alzheimers was so bad at that point that she was throwing beach towels over the balcony to passing strangers, so my Grandpa didn't hold it against me.
Things have taken a turn for the worst. I got news that this "uncle" of mine pulled a gun on a woman in a road rage incident. Great. These are the kind of "warning signs" families talk about after a murder. Its really frightening.

No comments: