Wednesday, February 09, 2005

oh yeah

Oh yeah. Its THIS day. I never see it coming, and then suddenly I'm confronted with it. Crosses. Ash crosses everywhere. It is totally disturbing and frightening to me. I always think something horrible has happened and then I remember "Oh yeah, something horrible did happen, just many many many years ago." I hold no animosity towards observers of Ash Wednesday. In fact, I applaud them for their effective visual imagery. It never fails to freak me the fuck out.

4 comments:

emily said...

I will say that for the citizens of Jesusland, effective visual imagery.

Anonymous said...

What's so disturbing about having a bit of ash on your forehead? I suppose you gasp in horror at circumcised penises too.

Jesusland? By "Jesusland" do you mean red states? If so, do you know how many Catholics there are in red states? Two. Do you know how many there are in blue states? Millions.

It's so easy to take shots at what you don't understand. Isn't it?

Sooz said...

What shots? Where? Opinions? Opinions are shots? You are defending that which was not targeted. Why?

Anonymous said...

don't you have single mothers to harass, you windbag?