Monday, June 19, 2006

ok

I haven't posted in a while. I've been apartment searching and I don't want to talk about that. Its hell in a handbag. Its like having a canker sore at the back of your throat and the only way to relieve the pain is to get back there with your dirty subway finger and push on it, and then people look at you because there are strings of saliva coming off your finger. Like a baby.

Oh, look. I'm talking about it.

Speaking of babies, one "apartment" we looked at had a sign outside that said:

Please take your shoes off.
Please wash your hands before touching Amir.
If you are sick, do not go near Amir.

Amir was their son. First-born I presume. And heir to the entire kingdom. I was hoping Amir would have been like the cult leader though. Regardless, when you see a sign like that, you really don't know what you're getting into, and to be honest, you want to have your shoes on so you can EXEUNT ASAP if necessary.

I only have only one other issue to address today:

1) If you have made the personal choice to hover above the toilet seat, then it is your job to wipe the spray. Because if you don't, then now YOU are the problem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the spray is the WORST! i used to think it was excess water from flushing "how could all that pee get way up in the seat?" i used to reason as a little girl. But now i know. god. i know from sitting in it in all the wrong places. you'd expect it in the airport or the starbucks, but WORK? that's just gross.

emily said...

When I was at MS I used to watch women open the stall door, close it and latch the lock all with their elbows. Then I would hear them ripping and placing the paper toilet gaurd on the seat, though I gauruntee you they didn't actually sit on the seat. Then they would elbow open the door and kick their Manolo Blahniks up to the flushing button while hanging onto the wall with a peice of toilet paper gaurding them from the wall germs. Then they would calmly exit the rest room without washing thier hands. What the fuck?