Friday, October 27, 2006

Sweet Valley

Today's show that I would like to reminisce on is "Sweet Valley High." This show, along with "Breaker High" which featured the young Noah Calhoun, satisfied some sort of hunger inside of me. Its a desire that a lot of ladies experience; the desire to indulge in something totally shallow and lame and as far away from "high art" as possible.
But my favorite thing? The opening song of the show:

"Look right down in a crowded hallway. You see there's a beauty standing. Is there really two of them or...a reflection? Sweeeet Valley, sweet valley, hiiiiiiiiiiigh!"

We used to practice walking through our high school hallways and doing this "turn and smile and wave" thing, that we felt was the essence of high schoool tv shows. Even with short brown hair, you can pretend to flip your long blonde locks in a devil-may-care attitude.



Don't go thinking you got away with reading this post without a little gosling claim. So yeah Gosling was on breaker high, so....I saw him first. Dibs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Charles in Charge" was always my guilty pleasure. There was a cheery surrealism to that show that my own real life lacks.

Anonymous said...

Sweeeeetttt VAlllllleeeeeyyy, Sweeeeeetttt VAalllllllleeeeeeyyyy- HIIIIIIIGGGGGHhhh. Oh don't you, as I did, wish you went to Sweet Valley High so you could feel like shit about yourself because only 4 people mattered in the entire school!! I think those girls were like 25 years old when they were supposed to be 16. HHHAAAAAAA! LOVED IT.