Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I love the fug girls as much as the next girl. I mean every single woman who sits at a desk all day and may or may not have a blog, just about lives for the fug. At least at certain hours of the day its like a big treat. Like at 2:30. You're not even close to the home stretch yet, and lunch was over an hour ago. Its the witching hour. I just have one addition to the critique of anne hathaway's oscar "dress."

My main issue with Anne Hathaway's dress is that everybody is actually calling it a big black bow. It may technically be a bow because it has two loops and two strands, and a knot in the middle. But the real problem is that it looks like a tuxedo vest slash S&M corset. It looks like she's getting married and singing "Cabaret" at the same. I hate it so much. All she needs is a top hat, a whip, a veil and a man acting like a pony to ride on and laugh maniacally at the wind.

Okay, I thought I was done, but I'm not. Did Anne keep saying to all her friends and family, "Is this bow too big?" "Does it even look like a bow anymore?" and they kept saying "no no Annie! You have to take fashion risks to stand out! Especially since you have no personality and your eyes are like that of an adult Precious Moments doll."

1 comment:

emily said...

This was my favorite bit:

"At least I can think of one nice thing to say about Anne Hathaway's enormous black bow. Just kidding. I totally can't. It's huge and it's glaring at me."

On Anne Hathaway:

"...your skirt looks like an enormous cartoon fish vomiting up its own membranes..."

On Cate Blanchett (whom they exhaulted in haiku form):

"Out of Diet Coke.
Sad. Tortured. Crushed. Off-topic.
Cate: Bring me one? Please?"

Oh you FuGirls...