Wednesday, July 11, 2007

city ducks

Today I saw ducklings crossing Chicago Avenue. All the cars stopped for them and it was so cute. Where were those duckies going? The hardware store? I'm worried about their little webbed feet on the hot pavement! I guess thats just what its like to be a city duck. I wanted to pull over and usher them wherever they were going, guarding them all the way, but I had to tell myself that those ducks are just part of the natural course of the universe. And those ducks are probably tougher than me anyways! They were born and raised in the CITY.

In other animal news, there is a genius cartoon in the New Yorker which features two kids walking along, and one says to the other "there's just so much pressure to like monkeys." Its true! That kid just doesn't like monkeys! Everybody else thinks they're so silly and fun, but he just doesn't like them, ok!?

That cartoon is paid for by the people who just don't like monkeys that much, for cryin' out loud!

No comments: