Wednesday, November 24, 2004

I don't have anything interesting to write about today. I am excited to get out of here and go buy foodstuffs for Thanksgiving. It is my job to plan the holiday party and get people to sign up to bring in treats for the month of December. And this from the girl who made a point of never introducing herself to anybody in her dorm in college. When I was a freshmen I would go to parties with my friends and lie about everything: "I used to be a stripper, my name is Candy." My favorite one was when I convinced someone that I had auditioned to be the mascot for the football games: "Even though the costume is designed for a tall, muscular man, they liked my moves so much that they said they would tailor it to fit me. I didn't make the final cut, though." The whole thing was bought hook, line and sinker. I don't have very bad behavior generally. But sometimes I still go through these rebellious periods. In my senior year of college, I got really sick of going to class and writing papers, so I started showing up really late and chewing huge wads of bubble gum. One time I got in trouble for reading the newspaper in class, mostly because I had it completely open and in front of my face, not even trying to hide it. The teacher said, "Is there something in that paper you'd like to share with the class?" And like a Christian Slater character I actually paused, because everything in the paper was more interesting and worth sharing than the load of recycled hash she was mumbling at us.

2 comments:

emily said...

I so look forward to your first Turkey. Almost as much as I look forward to you taking over Morgan Stanley with nothing more than a song in you heart and tap shoes on your feet. "We're not gonna take it! NO!"

DCBCooper said...

Classic! You should have your own reality show.