Tuesday, April 26, 2005

When I grow up...

Things I am not going to be, and I can just give up on:

1. A rapper
2. A rock star
3. A graphic novelist
4. An installation artist
5. Fluent in French
6. A Cirque de Soleil performer
7. A chocolatier
8. A revolutionary
9. A lover of ALL God's creatures
10. Jake Gyllenhaal's sweetheart

And a random scene from my life:
I got up from my desk and walked away from it with my headset still plugged into my phone, thus recreating that scene from My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

And a topic for discussion:
Which is correct:
"be still my heart" or "be still my beating heart"?
If your answer is "it can be either" please weigh in on which came first. Is this a saying from something (literature)? I can't remember. But I have an opinion that one of these two phrases is actually the correct one. And one sounds wrong. Am I wrong? Could be...could be. It also doesn't matter that much. And I really could be wrong. But I just want to find out! Not to prove somebody wrong, but because I want to find out where I got this impression.

2 comments:

emily said...

Okay. I've been unable to find an actual origin of the phrase. However, "Be still my beating heart" seems to be the dominating usage. Shakespeare is sited as the author-- well, actually it's more like, "I think I got that from Shakespeare." That was Sting's response when questioned about his song Be Still My Beating Heart. "Be still me heart" is linked to the episode of ER when Lucy was stabbed and killed by the Schizophrenic.

My vote is "be still my beating heart."

DCBCooper said...

I'm going with Emily on this one cause she's smart like that. Or she googled it. Either way, it's more than I did. :)