Friday, July 28, 2006

Lost and Found

On the trains, there's this ad for the MTA Lost and Found Phone #. It features some horrible drawings of objects that are supposed to be commonly lost on the subway, I'm assuming. I can't tell what most of them are, and the ones that are discernable (or interpretable) include:

a wooden leg
a pile of cash
mittens
two pencils that appear to be glued together
a squiggly line

My favorite one, however, was pointed out by my friend Abby who said "What's that? Is that a cupcake?" and I said "Oh that? That's a purple pie of course." Then Abby proceeded to be some flutterbudget calling the MTA Hotline: "Do you have a purple pie?" It cracked me up and the guy next to us joined in the laughter. I guess he was cancer free.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I lost a squiggly line on the subway once. Hummmm, I'll have to give that number a call - see if they have that or the wad of money that fell out of my pocket. Good thing they exist!

Anonymous said...

i love this entry - it made me "LOL" as they say in computerland.

love p

Anonymous said...

i'm laughing out loud at work. i love that ad. i'm like- a wooden leg? really? like the guy with the wooden leg hopped off the subway on his one good leg, like "something's missing, i can't quite put my finger on it..."